From injuries and positive Covid-19 testing to FedExCup glory and a record-breaking big win at The Masters, we look at how Dustin Johnson returned in spectacular fashion to the world No. 1 spot in 2020 and what clubs he used to get there! With a commanding lead at the top of golf’s world rankings, Dustin Johnson heads into 2021, having dominated the sport throughout the second half of an eventful year in 2020.
After four wins and three runner-up finishes in an 11-tournament stretch, the 36-year-old returned to the world No. 1 spot in scintillating fashion, with a record-breaking victory at The Masters extending his lead over the rest of the leading players in the sport.
Only Tiger Woods and Greg Norman have been at the top of the world rankings for more weeks than Johnson, who is already 19 weeks into his sixth separate stint as No 1, although there were plenty of challenges along the way to his rise back to pole position in 2020.
Dustin Johnson WITB 2020
• Driver: TaylorMade SIM (10.5°, Fujikura Speeder 661 shaft)
• Fairway wood: TaylorMade SIM Max 3-wood (15°, Fujikura Ventus Black 9X shaft) TaylorMade SIM Max 7-wood (21°, Project X HZURDUS Black 95 6.5 shaft)
• Irons: TaylorMade P730 DJ Protos (3-PW, True Temper Gold Tour Issue X100 shafts)
• Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 (52° & 60°, KBS Tour 120S shafts)
• Putter: TaylorMade Spider Itsy Bitsy Limited
• Ball: TaylorMade TP5x
You too could be fitted for DJ’s latest clubs at one of our stunning destinations with AI technology! Find out more here www.swingfitclubs.com/schedule-a-fitting