The result propels KH Lee into the FedexCup top 30 and qualifies him for next week’s PGA Championship at Kiawah Island’s Ocean Course; the 29-year-old has previously competed in two majors.
Lee started the day on 18 under and birdied three of the first four holes, carding further front-nine birdies on the sixth and eighth before dropping a shot on the ninth. A bogey on the 16th counterbalanced a birdie on the 12th, but a two on the par-three 17th and a tap-in for birdie on the 18th took him three shots ahead of third-round leader Sam Burns, who finished second.
WITB KH Lee:
• Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS (10.5 degrees @9)
• Shaft: Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 X
• 3-wood: Titleist TS3 (15 degrees)
• Shaft: Graphite Design Tour AD GP 7 X
• Hybrid: Titleist TS3 (19 degrees)
• Shaft: Graphite Design Tour AD HY 95 X
• Irons: Titleist U500 (4), Callaway X Forged CB (5-PW)
• Shafts: Project X LZ 6.5
• Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design SM7 (52-08F @51, 56-14F, 60-08M)
• Shafts: LZ 6.5 (52), True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400, S200 (60)
• Putter: Toulon Design San Diego
• Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
• Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet