PING engineers took a grip-to-grind approach, redesigning every component of the new Glide 3.0 wedges to create a higher-spinning, more forgiving, softer-feeling, lighter overall design. They blend a players-style look at address with game-improvement performance. Multiple sole grinds, including an Eye2 sand-wedge-inspired option, allow fitters to properly match wedges to your angle of attack and most common turf conditions.
PING Glide 3.0 Technology
- Feel, Forgiveness – A larger, softer elastomer Custom Tuning Port insert covers more of the back of the face, activating at impact to produce a soft yet solid feel. The new cavity design and larger CTP expand the perimeter weighting to increase the MOI and position the center of gravity higher to yield lower-launching, higher-spinning trajectories for more control.
- Precision-Milled Grooves – Patented wheel-cut grooves have a sharper edge radius to increase interaction with the ball at impact, creating more friction for improved spin and trajectory control. The higher-lofted versions (54°, 56°, 58° & 60°) feature an extra ½ groove at the bottom of the face to impart more spin, especially around the greens.
- Players-Style Look – The Glide 3.0 wedge blends a players-style look with game-improvement technology. At address, it presents the clean appearance of a tour-style wedge. Offset was added based on tour player feedback to provide a more captured look.
- Classic, Proven Performer – The Eye2’s iconic design has been helping golfers get out of the sand and tough spots and saving them strokes for decades. Its pioneering high toe and exacting geometries are engineered to ensure consistency and improve your short-game performance.
- Eye2 Sole Grind – This grind matches founder Karsten Solheim’s original groundbreaking Eye2 SW sole and face profile, offering a narrow hosel transition and progressive lead edge for the ultimate in bunker performance and touch shots around the green.
- Standard Sole (SS) Grind – This mid-bounce sole with heel relief will fit most golfers. Engineered for players with a moderate angle of attack. Provides exceptional performance in a variety of turf and sand conditions.
- Wide Sole (WS) Grind – The most forgiving sole through the ground as it is round and cambered with significant bounce. Recommended if you have a steep angle of attack and you typically play in soft turf and sand conditions.
- Thin Sole (TS) Grind – The thin-sole grind facilitates precise shot-making and versatility from tight lies. Features extreme heel relief with a PING WRX-inspired bounce grind, making it ideal for firm conditions and a shallow angle of attack.
- Full Shots – The grooves in the lower-lofted wedges (46°, 50° & 52°) are milled with a 20° sidewall and a .005″ edge radius for optimal full-shot performance.
- Around the Green – The higher-lofted versions (54°, 56°, 58° & 60°) are milled to a .004″ edge radius with a 28° sidewall to impart more spin, especially around the greens.
- Lighter, More Control – The Glide 3.0 wedge’s grip and shaft are lighter, contributing to an overall weight reduction for the entire club. The Dyla-wedge Lite grip is ¾-inch longer than a traditional grip with reduced taper, allowing you to choke down for more versatility and trajectory control. The PING Z-Z115 wedge shaft is made by Nippon and custom engineered with a lower balance point closer to the tip to provide lower launch with more control and enhanced feel.