Why Gears?Gears is an optical (camera-based) motion tracking system, powered by eight 1.7 megapixel cameras running at 360 frames per second which look at over 600 images per swing to track everything that’s going on with the golfers body and the club. When utilizing Gears, our master fitters can see how the club and shaft are interacting with your unique tempo and movement patterns throughout the entire swing. When doing a traditional fitting, the fitter is working to optimize the output (ball flight) with little insight into the inputs (the club/swing interaction); Gears allows us to see both the input and output. This results in fittings that are more accurate and faster resulting in even better scores!
Getting Fit with GearsWhen fitting with Gears we utilize an indoor/outdoor process. When you first arrive and start to warm up, we will prep your driver or 7 iron. Once warm, we’ll capture several swings with your club as a baseline. The next step is to take swings with several of our standard fitting shafts that span various flexes, weights and profiles using a constant club head. We’ll learn how these variables interact with your swing identifying your best shaft profile. We’ll then take this knowledge outside where we’ll test 2-4 shafts that match your optimal shaft profile while also identifying the best club head from our wide assortment of heads from the top club manufacturers.
The Gears + SwingFit AdvantageAlong with custom club fittings, we are able to utilize our Gears system to offer Golf Performance Scans to offer the ultimate insight into how your swing and current equipment are working together:
- We spec out and put temporary reflectors on your clubs while you warm up and get into the Gears suit
- We discuss the strengths and weaknesses of your game
- You will then take two to three swings each with your driver, fairway, hybrid or long iron, mid iron and a wedge
- A personalized evaluation by a Golf Digest Top 100 Club Fitter two years running (2015/2016 and 2016/2017)
- A detailed equipment report with specs that include what clubs are helping your game and any opportunities for improvement
- A swing analysis that highlights the strengths and weaknesses of your swing across each type of club
- Videos of your swing that you can easily share with your instructor and friends